Author Topic: Where are you Toumaz?!  (Read 9875 times)

Offline bryce

• Clubber
Where are you Toumaz?!
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
Not to be an ass but are we ever gonna get a new update?! I love Seal Hunter but it's losing it's fun when there are no new weapons or levels, if you would like to I can design (new levels sort of like a DLC), all you would have to do would be to code it. (Ex I would make the graphics and health for new enemies etc). I can also donate money if this would speed up the process lol

Offline Toumaz

• Game Developer
  • Administrator
  • Anti-Activist
    • Seal Hunter
Re: Where are you Toumaz?!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
I don't know. I've got quite a few Real Life(tm) issues going on right now (and have had for the last six months or so) to the point where I have no clue where Seal Hunter is going. To be completely honest, I barely remember the codebase, and the code is now so old that it makes me truly embarrassed. I am still pondering whether I should try to trudge on on my own, try and recruit a few coders for it, or just open source the entire thing (which is a risk in its own).

Sorry that I can't be more specific, but things have been... hectic. :P

Offline bryce

• Clubber
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 12:19:27 AM »
That truly sucks, I still plan on releasing art and ideas later if you change your mind, ahh the boredom of summer.

Offline Fredrikorex

• Outdoorsman
  • The Kid!
    • Fredrikorex's stats.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:55:01 AM »
I'm glad you took the time to tell us what you're doing anyway Toumaz. :)
POW! Ha ha!

Offline bryce

• Clubber
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 02:47:26 PM »
So true.

Offline kameron412

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:51:52 PM »
I think the idea of a development team would be superb. Toumaz, obviously Seal Hunter appears to be a project that should not be handled alone. Further updates and even beta testing for future updates would be amazing, and I know that there are some people in this community that would be more than happy to assist in the development of said updates. I think it would be great if you reached out for help, or even emailed some pretty devout Beta Testers to help you keep this project going. It wasn't until today when I saw that I earned a new achievement for the first time in almost a year that I forgot how long it has been since 1.01 was released. I'm sure that even just some sort of minor update to 1.02 (more achievements, an extra weapon, or an extended level cap) to show that the game is alive and well would get the community enthused again, which is just what this game needs!

Please, Toumaz, this project is too outstanding to die. Let us help you help Seal Hunter. It's too big a project for one man to handle! 8)

Offline Fredrikorex

• Outdoorsman
  • The Kid!
    • Fredrikorex's stats.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 11:47:15 AM »
"After releasing 1.0.1, and with 1.0.2 probably a week or two away still, I’m already making plans for the first ‘big’ update to SH."

It's been over a year since you said that, could you just give us an update on how far away you are from finishing the next update or something?
POW! Ha ha!

Offline kameron412

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 03:00:58 AM »
"After releasing 1.0.1, and with 1.0.2 probably a week or two away still, I’m already making plans for the first ‘big’ update to SH."

It's been over a year since you said that, could you just give us an update on how far away you are from finishing the next update or something?
This.  8)

Offline Cory

• Beta Tester
  • Outdoorsman
  • Meh
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 05:06:45 AM »
Has it really been a year?  Wow...

Offline kameron412

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:35 AM »
Has it really been a year?  Wow...
And now here we are, 7 months later from even that point haha. As posted in another forum, I've kind of given up on Seal Hunter for the time being; I just played a couple matches today for kicks, but it was the first time I booted up the thing in several months (since last August, I believe). It'd be nice if something were to happen that would allow progress to be made, even if it meant open-sourcing the game. But for the time being, I suppose I'll just play Team Fortress 2 while I await Fighting Is Magic.

Offline kick player

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
Toumaz, hi. Why did you invent the title Funboy, if this title cannot get to the end of the game when there are already all the titles! You should spend time with the players who have the title of a Crazed Veteran, so that players can get Supreme Fanboy. And it is so not fun to play. Or let one of the admins plays under the login Toumaz, if no time you have. I very much wait for you to obtain the title ... I have no use for cheats