Author Topic: New Buyables  (Read 6797 times)

Offline barrto

• Newcomer
New Buyables
« on: August 13, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »
Hey i was just browsing and thought... well CoD6 had the tactical nuke..
1. Could put a buy-able nuke into the game but with a big price obviously maybe like 150,000 or even 200,00. It's properties should be able to clear all enemies off of the map and maybe your own team mates as well, so might have to make a buyable bomb shelter also xD.
2. My second idea was to have melee weapons, such as the classical Ice Climbers' hammers. Sorry I don't know if your characters are based off of the Ice Climbers but if they are then this could be like some sort of special to unlock for your character. Even if they aren't you could still implement the hammers or other things just like from the original Seal Hunter's highscore list where there is the guy clubbing the seal with different melee weapons :D These melee weapons should be able to do massive damage, or then do other things such as flipping the enemies to move 180 in the opposite direction ( just like how Mario's cape thingy in Smash Brothers does).

Offline bryce

• Clubber
Re: New Buyables
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »
Both horrible ideas, sorry mate. The whole game is a satire on clubbing seals and melee weapons would make the game lose its humour, furthermore a nuke would just ruin the game for not only me, but hundreds of other players because it wouldn't be about "hunting seals" anymore, it would be about getting a nuke.

Offline barrto

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:15:45 AM »
Yea well i can agree on the nuke part..
But i still think there should be some sort of melee.

I keep getting random ideas so ill post some on this thread i guess. But should the weapons be like fire arms or can they be just anything?

1. A boomerang that slices the seals both when going and coming back to you.
2. An airstrike you can call in that either drops bombs or will turret the seals in one sweep.
3. As long as there is the akimbo macs, maybe other akimbo weapons could work, such as pistols or shotguns that reload slowly.
4. A fishing rod that will hook onto the heads and rip them off
5. Throwing knifes perhaps.

Offline bryce

• Clubber
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:11:08 PM »
Sorry but there will never be any sort of melee weapons, if you look in other threads you can see both asker (TSH creator) and Toumaz agree that no melee weapons will ever be featured in SH.

Offline barrto

• Newcomer
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:25:23 PM »
Oh ok

Offline aXidal

• Beta Tester
  • Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »
Sorry but there will never be any sort of melee weapons, if you look in other threads you can see both asker (TSH creator) and Toumaz agree that no melee weapons will ever be featured in SH.

Can't agree with that =), for example:
A chainsaw might happen some day. ;)

Offline Toumaz

• Game Developer
  • Administrator
  • Anti-Activist
    • Seal Hunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 11:01:17 PM »
I'm very much open to "regular" weapon variants of melee weapons, though.

Where's me saying that melee weapons will never, ever happen in that?

Offline barrto

• Newcomer
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 11:29:14 PM »
yea i read also
[/quote]
 but i pretty much just dropped the idea since all mine seem to get turned down anyway

Offline The Stig

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 02:24:36 AM »
I don't like anything to far-fetched. What kind of seal hunter would have access to a tactical nuke or and air force for that matter. I think that throwing knives would be cool though. At least actual fisherman would have a knife of some sorts, not a weapon made for the sole purpose of destroying many lives in 1 go 

Offline bryce

• Clubber
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »
yea i read also
but i pretty much just dropped the idea since all mine seem to get turned down anyway
[/quote]

I heard you and asker discussing this topic and disagreeing with melee weapons... asker saying that they tried the chainsaw and it hindered gameplay

Offline barrto

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »
If i remember right u get to use a chain saw in The Seal Hunter, u mean that chainsaw or a chainsaw that was tried in Seal Hunter?