Author Topic: The Ultimate Seal Hunter Guide  (Read 12761 times)

Offline bryce

• Clubber
The Ultimate Seal Hunter Guide
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »
Well first off I plan on making this the most in depth, impressive guide ever so I will explain every level and loads of strategies.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Level 1 we start out with our good friend the USP Pistol. The goal is simple, eliminate the Brown Seals with two headshots as this will give you 20 more $ and finish them off quicker. No one will take you seriously in Seal Hunter if you can't get at least 90% headshots on Brown Seals. Now clearly this is not as easy as it seems for new players, the sliding on ice will get some getting used to. What works best for me, as I'm sure is the best method, is to run to your destination and then stop yourself with the opposite keys; so essentially if you want to run up, run up and once you reach your destination then simple tap the back key so you stop. Once you've mastered this you can get the maximum number of points you need on Level 1.. or can you? You can actually obtain more points in Seal Hunter by overkilling the enemy, this can be done by using grenades or the pistol-magnum combo on Level 1. The pistol-magnum combo is easy to do, all one needs to do is shoot a seal in the head with his pistol, then switch to his magnum and finish them off with a headshot. Done correctly, the seal will explode and you will be rewarded with an extra 15 points. But wait, you've decided to use the MP5, a wise choice considering the MP5 is arguably overpowered and can get you to Level 4 without a problem. Although the MP5 is fully automatic, it does not excuse you from getting headshots; it's actually rather easy to get headshots with too once I explain the accuracy of the gun. The MP5 shoots in three places; middle, above middle, and below middle. If you aim slightly above the head of a seal then you can hit the Seal in the head with both the middle and below middle shots while the above middle shot flies off in the distance. If you aim at their head however; the below middle shot will hit them in the body, causing you to lose a couple of points. Now let us go to the grenades. The grenades are an odd weapon in Seal Hunter as it is both underpowered and overpowered. When enemies are beyond the middle way point then it is a rubbish weapon, when they are in front of it however, it is a weapon to be feared (it also overkills the enemy, granting you more points). Overall I'd say the grenade shouldn't be touched unless playing a 3-4 player game; 2 if you're rather daring. The grenades are very tricky to use and unfortunately it's really up to you if you want to be good with them because all I really can explain is that if you go forward and throw one then it will go farther and if you go backwards and throw one it will land closer next to you - and that's really not helpful. With this weapon, practise makes perfect. The boss on this level is the Fat Seal, and he is quite easy. He regains his health when he stands still so no use hitting him when he's like that. Just wait till he starts moving and then shoot him (in the eye if possible as it grants a 1.25x multiplier). It is possible to kill the Fat Seal with only the beginning pistol. Once you kill that boss (which is so easy I don't think deserves more explanation) you're off to Level 2. Let me explain the weapons a little more though.

If you have a pistol at this time, it is time to get a weapon. Preferably something less or equally expensive as a Shotgun.
If you have a Magnum, stick with it until you are ready for a Shotgun (if you plan on taking out the Polar Bears with this) OR an M16 or higher
If you have a MP5, same thing as above.
If you have a grenade, same thing as above.

The weapons I use in 1 player are MP5 -> Carl Gustav -> AWP; which I will explain later.
In two player I use MP5/Magnum -> Carl Gustav/AWP/Minigun (depending on the circumstance and if my teammate has lots of money)
In three player I use the same thing as in two player.
In four player I use the same thing as in two player.

The MP5 is always your best bet because it's easy, efficient, consistent, and costs hardly anything - as I said before, you can easily make it to Polar Bears (sometimes even past Polar Bears (in 2 player +)) with this weapon.

*Level 2 - Level 5 to come later
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:52:18 AM by bryce »

Offline Fredrikorex

• Outdoorsman
  • The Kid!
    • Fredrikorex's stats.
Re: The Ultimate Seal Hunter Guide
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
I think you forgot to point out that you need to work as a team and share the money as best as you can (unless you have agreed to do something else).
Also...

It is possible to kill the Fat Seal with only the beginning pistol in 2 player. I'm not positive in any other modes but I'm sure it works for 3 and 4 player if you all shoot him. I don't think it's possible in 1 player though.
YOU'RE WRONG! ;D

Good guide by the way. :)
POW! Ha ha!

Offline bryce

• Clubber
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 05:51:47 AM »
This is generally a single player guide, but good point I should include teamwork.

Offline xYptCr

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 01:33:47 AM »
Wall of text...

*ignores*

Offline Cory

• Beta Tester
  • Outdoorsman
  • Meh
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »
Line of spam...

Offline cubrman

• Newcomer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
Nothing personal, bryce, but using Mp5 as a main early game weapon is only for beginners. I am working on my own SH tips n tricks right now, but basically, with Mp5 you can only earn minimum amounts of money, even Shotgun and Magnum outperform the weapon in their income. I do agree though that Mp5 is the safest weapon to use when you are a low-level player and it is a very good advice for the beginners. The 'ultimate' choice is Grenades in my opinion. You have mentioned the way they overkill your enemies and bring you money, well the fact is that they bring you so much that you can (with 95% chance if you're good) purchase a Punt Gun before the Polar Bear boss in a single player game. I dare you to find any other weapon that can bring you 10k before that time. You say that it is useless when the enemy is close or behind you, well an 'ultimate' player will never allow that and even if it happens he will always have his pistol fully reloaded for such an occasion. I do advise you to try using grenades in any match (1-4 players) you will see that it is extremely good. I have also mentioned that you have not shown all the controls with grenades. You can not only control the length of the throw but the attitude as well (higher on the screen or lower). To do it u simply need to hold up or down before throwing it. If you aim carefully (not just stand near the edge of the screen holding 'fire' button) u can get up to 190 form activists, up to 85 from seals and up to 50 from seal cubs. And I am not mentioning that killing a bunch of simple seals (say 5) with 1 shot gives you bonus money from $50 on top of all the 70-s and 80-s that you get in this case (just watch the figures above seal heads). Basically killing bunches of enemies always give you extra money just for the fact that you have killed them in a bunch.

All credits of this discovery goes to andre1ka93, who truly is a legend in SH. If you ever see his server, just join his game and watch him play. He is an artist and he has found so many tips and tricks in SH that you cannot even imagine.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:15:07 PM by cubrman »
The Seal Hunter, as well as Seal hunter are rare examples of games made with love. I honestly respect the authors of these games and cannot even express how grateful I am to you for these masterpieces.

Thank you!

Offline andre1ka93

• Clubber
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 07:23:12 PM »
ahahaha

Offline Fredrikorex

• Outdoorsman
  • The Kid!
    • Fredrikorex's stats.
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
I dare you to find any other weapon that can bring you 10k before that time.
You can do that with the Magnum. ;D
POW! Ha ha!

Offline cubrman

• Newcomer
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 10:33:17 PM »
Sure u can). U can also do it with pistol. All you need to do is to have a 100% headshot rate). Easy).
The Seal Hunter, as well as Seal hunter are rare examples of games made with love. I honestly respect the authors of these games and cannot even express how grateful I am to you for these masterpieces.

Thank you!

Offline Fredrikorex

• Outdoorsman
  • The Kid!
    • Fredrikorex's stats.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 03:55:25 PM »
Sure u can). U can also do it with pistol. All you need to do is to have a 100% headshot rate). Easy).
http://stats.sealhunter.se/matches/view/680264 Magnum > Punt :P

A strange thing happend when I played, I started to walk left and got stuck walking, that was annoying cause I lost because of it. :(

EDIT: Pistol > Punt could work if you're playing more than 1 player, it won't be easy though.
POW! Ha ha!

Offline cubrman

• Newcomer
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 09:46:54 AM »
Wow that's really cool dude. Still I love my nades). Things are so much easier with them).

Thank you!