Author Topic: Master Server Migration  (Read 4763 times)

Newsbot

Master Server Migration
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
View original post on sealhunter.se
The SH master will move over to a new and much more powerful host in the next few days, and as such the DNS will be updated to point to a new IP. This might cause some downtime for all of you as the master server needs to be temporarily taken down in order to replicate all the databases, and some additional downtime as DNS changes might take a while to propagate all around.

I apologize yet again for the lack of updates, too - over in ye olde real life, I'm about to enter crunch mode for a school project we're doing, and after that I am moving to a new apartment. There simply hasn't been a lot of time for me to work on Seal Hunter, and to reiterate, I am very sorry for that. I definitely intend to push out the new updated master server code to provide such things as buddy lists and a chat function, but at this rate, it might take me a while. Two hours per day worth of free time just isn't quite enough, sadly.

I will keep you updated on the host switch whenever things are about to go down.

Offline Patar976

• Outdoorsman
Re: Master Server Migration
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 02:16:52 AM »
View original post on sealhunter.se
[/url]
I apologize yet again for the lack of updates

Personally, I dont mind. You did a good job, and school does come first.
If at first you don't succeed... you fail.