Author Topic: How did you learn about Seal Hunter?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline cubrman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How did you learn about Seal Hunter?
« on: May 10, 2012, 06:35:38 PM »
Basically I love the game and want to find out how you guys learned about it. Who told you about it? Where did you download it? Did you learn about the original game or the multiplayer one first? Why did you decide to play it? Etc.

P.S. Yes one more thing guys, HAVE YOU EVER SEEN/HEARD/PLAYED IN ANYTHING LIKE SH? Is there a game like this out there that I don't know about ? :)
The Seal Hunter, as well as Seal hunter are rare examples of games made with love. I honestly respect the authors of these games and cannot even express how grateful I am to you for these masterpieces.

Thank you!

Offline cubrman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: How did you learn about Seal Hunter?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »
I will start.
I learned about the original game first. I learned about it during one of the IT classes at my uni. That day when I sat in front of the PC I started surfing its hard drive in search of anything interesting (mainly games :)) and suddenly found something that was destined to eat up tones of hours of my life - THE SEAL HUNTER :). But then it looked just like another game: black&white icon, pushing Enter, Menu goes up, pretty neat one, ok, setting controls and starting the game... Damn it's guud, damn it has CS sounds that's guuuud! I can buy weapons? Sweat! Damn that fat bitch killed me! And there I was, spending half a lesson on playing the game, IMMEDIATELY downloading it onto my flash drive (For God's sake I could not let it slip! And those were the days of slow Internet connections, no free game torrenting, so :)). Every single friend who at least knew what keyboard was became GLUED to the screen after I showed them the game... Sweat memories. Then I solved the game with cheats 8), found it's website to find out more about the game's legendary creators. When I found out that THIS MASTERPIECE WAS DEVELOPED BY TWO GUYS AND RELEASED FOR FREE I just could not even express how respectful I was towards it's creators. Because in my opinion Asker, Toumaz and rashban made a legendary game, they made it just like the games were used to be made in the past, just like they HAVE to be made ALWAYS. But, sadly, nowadays one can find such game quite rarely...

That is why for me Seal Hunter is a monument to The Game, a shining beacon, which lights the gloom darkness of the modern gaming industry and carries a hope that perhaps even in modern times of money greed and sequel craziness in the gaming industry, there will still emerge individuals who will carry the fire and make games the right way and not the way the Money People want them.

Thank you guys.

P.S. Up to this day I don't know about any game that can be even closely compared to the SH, even in gameplay.
The Seal Hunter, as well as Seal hunter are rare examples of games made with love. I honestly respect the authors of these games and cannot even express how grateful I am to you for these masterpieces.

Thank you!

Offline andre1ka93

• Clubber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
an amusing story, but I will be simpler.
I was just surfing on the internet in 2009 and found The Seal Hunter 1.2 by downloading it, I got stuck in it for long.
In September 2010 I learned about the appearance of The Seal Hunter Online or Remak, but I decided to download it Nestan that it would be nonsense
but after 2.5 months I download it, and begins 2.5 years of continuous play.
In 2012 May 4, I'm leaving the game, squeezed all the juice out of it
Here is a brief biography Andre1ka93  8)

Offline Cory

• Beta Tester
  • Outdoorsman
  • Meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 12:49:14 AM »
I don't remember exactly how I came upon SH, but I used to know some guy named Toumaz, and he probably told me about this game he was workin on one day... =P

Offline 2xD

• Clubber
  • its a lolbob!
    • View Profile
    • www.shpro.ru.gg
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 06:06:30 AM »
Russian torrent trackers, what ever.. ;)
Visit my site: www.shpro.ru.gg

Offline cubrman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »
This reply was designed to bring the topic to the top. I hope more ppl will answer cuz I am really interested in this topic.

Thank you!

Offline zimonitrome

• Clubber
  • BOOM!!! Head Shot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »
My friend told me about the old original sh game, we played it for some time and then quitted.
Some months later my friend told me about the new sh game "you can play multiplayer over the internet :0"
We waited
and waited
and waited
And it was finally released!
BOOM!!! Head Shot

Offline Fredrikorex

• Outdoorsman
  • The Kid!
    • View Profile
    • Fredrikorex's stats.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »
This reply was designed to bring the topic to the top. I hope more ppl will answer cuz I am really interested in this topic.
The forum is quite dead so I don't blame you. :(

OT: A friend showed me the original game, I checked their home page and saw that someone was remaking the game. After that I really didn't check this site out untill the first gameplay video was released.
I kept coming back from time to time to check if the game was finished and one day it was.
POW! Ha ha!

Offline HaNacisKO

• Newcomer
  • Like a ptros
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:19:16 PM »
In January 2010, my friend has showed me SP version. I tried it and said: "WTF is this? This game wont catch me.", but I was wrong.  Everybody in university college was playing this game, so I have decided to learn some combinations of weapons to play with them and finally this game has catched me.
Friends usually played grenades + m16 + minigun and I played mp5 + AWP. MP5 was good for my beginning and AWP killed everything by one shot, so whatever? xD
Other combinations were magnum +  dual macs + puntgun and mp5 + m16 + minigun, because I was grenade lame.
At the end of the year, somebody has found MP version and I have started playing here. I was surprised by three things:

1) Most of players were using magnum + shotgun to reach last weapons (so no m16, m79, etc.)
2) People used to hate grenades and M79.
3) You have to use land mines to kill Walrus. (except some tactics...)

So we have accepted that and started with the training. Then first wins, achievements, lvl 25, etc. has came... I had luck, because I have met player with acc "Aryak" and he taught me basic of teamplay, forbidden things (kill stealing, mines vs penguins, leaving game, etc.)
Now I have over 590 hours and Im not thinking about the end at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:21:34 PM by HaNacisKO »
There is no difference between Kylie Minogue and my puntgun. I love both of them, hihi. :-)

Europe - different countries, different nations, but same retards. OMFG, read the game name first!