Author Topic: Sealhunter Tactics!  (Read 61936 times)

Offline Luskan

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
Re: Sealhunter Tactics!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »

MP5 ->Minigun -> Sniper
MP5 -> Sniper -> Minigun
= Carnage ;)

How much did you score with that tactic?  :)
~ Art of Sealhunting ~
- sælerne spiser alle vannsprattlerne
1 Player: 193'868 (completed)
2 Player: 396'163 (completed)

Offline callans

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »
I dont have a clue really, we never played much for score just for the... well carnage really =). Dont know on which/whos computer either so cant really check
[The Sealcub Clubbing Club]

Offline Gifflo

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
Going back to an older discussion in this topic, I am still going nuts on the dual Revolver -> MG tactic, Me and NP tried it out today, and it appears to be one very hardcore tactic. As it is today, the Polar Bear bosses at lvl 3, is impossible with dual magnum. This then means ofcourse means that one of the players MUST have the MG (Yeah, MG = Minigun) before the team reaches the end of lvl 3. Me and NP sat down and thought for a few minutes before testing the tactic out for real, if it even was possible. Our very fast and sloppy conclusion that the overall cash the team will be able to get is approx 16-17 k before lvl 3. This ofcourse brings in all the elements of our other topic, the one about the scoring system and cash system, into the problem. But we decided to stop our research after the 4 minutes we spent in class, painting it up in our notebooks, if someone is ready to take this issue very far, please bring in all the facts and equations from the other topic and enlighten us!

Anyhow, our very fast done research proved to be pretty applyable to the tactic.

This means: Overall budget, 16-17 k.
- 1 k for the 2 revolvers.
That leaves 15-16 k. Thinking of that player 1 or 2 will have to cash in atleast 12,5 k of these, makes this a damn hard tactic since player 2 can't really backup player 1 in addition to make this tactic work. However, if someone is really in need of a challenge, try this shit out! Promise you that it will lead to some quite intense and interesting situations. (And btw, so far me and the NP managed to in a few tries get 11,5 k at maximum when the bosses arrived, we're definitely continuing our journey to fulfill this legendary tactic, until then, GL and HF with this! )

(After that i wrote this post I noticed that there was no real point with it, but enjoy reading! Since it was such a fat post i couldn't bare erasing it all)

Pardon.
Gifflo.
~ Proud teammate of the NP ~
Hvooooor er Isbjørnen?

DA ER ISBJØRNEN!

Offline Luskan

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 11:45:14 PM »
Gifflo
Very interesting tactic!
Will definitely try it with Oskar or Franx. Me and Franx managed to do the The Colt(m4a1) / minigun tactic (see my first post in the thread). But then Franx bought MG on early level 4 and I bough the Colt on level 3. Franx usually haves around 10k at the polar bears.
~ Art of Sealhunting ~

Offline Oskar

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
  • Art of Sealhunting
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2009, 11:51:30 PM »
Gifflo
Very interesting tactic!
Will definitely try it with Oskar or Franx. Me and Franx managed to do the The Colt(m4a1) / minigun tactic (see my first post in the thread). But then Franx bought MG on early level 4 and I bough the Colt on level 3. Franx usually haves around 10k at the polar bears.

Sweet:P sounds like a mission!!
~ Art of Sealhunting ~

Kjempegøy!

Offline Gifflo

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 11:21:46 PM »
Not trying to bring you down or anything ^^, but the
Player 1: Revolver -> MG
Player 2: Revolver -> Colt -> MG
Is really a cakewalk compared to this one ^^, Me and the NP does that one for warmups and stuff sometimes, so it's not really a challenge at all anymore tbh.
This new one is quite much heavier. And just to prove that this tactic (Dual Revolver -> MG) actually is possible (Which we already knew before, but now it's been practically proven) I got a screenshot from today when I and the NP killed the polarbears ;). If there's any interest at all, I could post it here, but I'll give it a rest until when that time comes. (If it ever does, that is)

:-*
/Gifflo.
Hvooooor er Isbjørnen?

DA ER ISBJØRNEN!

Offline Luskan

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »
Not trying to bring you down or anything...

Post picture :D

Not that I don't believe you, I just like pictures  ;D

Regarding the shotgun -> Minigun tactic in 1 player;
I don't understand how it would be possible to kill the polar bear. Anyone who have made it past level 3?
~ Art of Sealhunting ~

Offline rashban

• Original Developer
  • Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »
Regarding the shotgun -> Minigun tactic in 1 player;
I don't understand how it would be possible to kill the polar bear. Anyone who have made it past level 3?

Hey, I didn't say it was easy! It's all about keeping the optimal distance from the polar bear while using the shotgun.

Me and asker had a discussion about the usefulness of certain weapons in seal hunter single player and decided that the main cutoff point for weapons is the question "can I beat the polar bear with this?".

We saw that it's impossible using pistol, magnum, MP5 and grenades, and decided that this was reasonable since you can afford all of these weapons on level 1. It is easy with M4A1 and above, and that was of course intentional since you can afford them only on level 3. That leaves the "affordable by level 2"-weapons, Shotgun, dual MAC-10s and grenade launcher.

We felt that the polar bear should be easy with grenade launcher (just shoot him!), intermediate with the MAC-10s (you need to stand at a correct distance and flee using the recoil) and possible but very very hard with the shotgun. In order to achieve this, the grenade launcher does significant bonus damage to the polar bear on direct hits, so it's virtually impossible to fail. The MAC-10s were already where we wanted them, which left the shotgun.

We solved this by giving the shotgun bonus damage (a little) to the polar bear, but especially by increasing the headshot multiplier. So, it's actually possible to kill him with 3 shotgun blasts, but most commonly he will die on the 4th shot, which tends to occur very, very close to the right edge of the screen. If you get hit by him, it's over. If you don't have a perfect setup for the polar bear (i.e. you standing to the left of the screen, all enemies dead before the bear appears), you probably can't make yourself ready for a 3-shot takedown, so you have gun for a 4-shotter. You want the 4th shot to deal most damage of all the shots (i.e. get him down to about 35% with the first 3 shots, and hit him right in the nose from point blank on shot #4). Of course, you have to use the recoil (both in X- and Y-direction!) to make sure you match his path and speed.

Good luck :)
Hilsen fra Øslo

Offline rashban

• Original Developer
  • Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 04:49:06 PM »
Oh, just in case there was any doubt:

Hilsen fra Øslo

Offline Luskan

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 05:25:55 PM »
Hey, I didn't say it was easy! It's all about keeping...

I was kind of afraid of that answer   :P
Well... would love to see a movie of anyone completing this tactic of madness  8)
will definitely give it a try myself  :)

~ Art of Sealhunting ~

Offline Oskar

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
  • Art of Sealhunting
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
Oh, just in case there was any doubt:

sweet :P i did not think that was possible but know i know!
~ Art of Sealhunting ~

Kjempegøy!

Offline Gifflo

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 06:11:39 PM »
So then, As requested, here is the picture of me and NP when we just killed the polar bears ^^. It is indeed doable. Just hard as hell until you get the MG. The reason to why its all cleared is that we accidentaly out of pure happiness happened to tab down when we wanted to save our screenshot.
Hvooooor er Isbjørnen?

DA ER ISBJØRNEN!

Offline NP

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 06:41:37 PM »
^^  Yeah that was real nice that we managed to put the bears six feet under. But as everybody can see on the picture, my financial situation when level 4 started wasn't the best.  So we figured that Gifflo had to lay down some heavy covering fire if we we're going to survive the level and it worked real good until the end of the level where I had a little bit over $10 000, but unfortunaly Gifflo was overwelmed with alot of seals, penguins, big seals etc coming at him and I couldn't really help him out too much since I only had the revolver.
But now we atleast now that it is possible for one player to get $12 500 before the bears and we will be working hard to finish the game with this crazy tactic.

NP

Offline Oskar

• Beta Tester
  • Newcomer
  • Art of Sealhunting
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
So then, As requested, here is the picture of me and NP when we just killed the polar bears ^^. It is indeed doable. Just hard as hell until you get the MG. The reason to why its all cleared is that we accidentaly out of pure happiness happened to tab down when we wanted to save our screenshot.

Nice:P did you finish this one? in that case how much did you score?
~ Art of Sealhunting ~

Kjempegøy!

Offline Luskan

• Beta Tester
  • Clubber
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »

Nice:P did you finish this one? in that case how much did you score?
Read NP's Post

NP:
That's really cool, But this mean that player 2 doesn't get the minigun until level 5  :P
~ Art of Sealhunting ~